Friday, April 3, 2009

About Me?

Hi everyone,

My name is Lynn. My writing adventure began as a teen when I was invited to a special college level writing course while I was in high school. I was excited about writing then - but as often happens - life intervened and other things took precedence. Creativity never left me, and I often wrote poetry and did quite a bit of journaling, as well as lots of artwork (painting, drawing, calligraphy and the like).

Then last year, someone pointed me in the direction of Helium. I thought to myself, I can do that and with the encouragement of my husband and some close friends, I began writing. Though I have had some successes with Helium, I feel that I am a still very much a novice. I continue to learn and continue to write. I have even managed to make some money along the way doing something that I truly enjoy. Special thanks to Sarah Grace for all of her input and assistance to me on the latest project. It has been a privilege to be a part of such a fun assignment. It has been a learning experience as well and I hope to glean more here.

I think after reading all of your posts that I may be the least experienced here among all of you. I look forward to drawing on all of your expertise as well as becoming friends with all of you. Where I go from here is hopefully always forward. I am happy at this point with writing and learning. As a homeschool mom, I know that learning is forever. Whether writing will continue to be the part-time adventure that it currently is or become a full-time experience is still up in the air.

1 comment: